About Lasara - Press Bio
Lasara Firefox Allen is the best selling author of Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality (7/2016), and Sexy Witch (2005), both published by Llewellyn Worldwide. A wild hearted change agent, Lasara delivers tools for transformation, provides strategies for embodiment, and creates vibrant spaces for personal and collective liberation. Lasara’s coaching and teaching work weaves together themes of empowerment, embodiment, body positivity, sexual liberation, feminism, and owning our whole selves.
Lasara has been the proud proprietor of a thriving online teaching and coaching practice for over a decade. She has helped hundreds of clients through major life transitions. Her Entrepreneurial Trainings for Wild Hearts program is rooted in the joy she derives from helping clients find their purpose and make their mark. Lasara loves to help clients transition to online teaching and coaching, and start making money doing exactly the thing that is in them, waiting to be done.
- Allen, Lasara Firefox, (2016), Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality, Llewellyn Worldwide, ISBN 0-7387-4797-1
- Allen, Lasara Firefox, (2012), The Pussy Poems, Treasure Finder Press. ISBN 978-1-4675-4147-3
- Firefox, Lasara, (2005), Sexy Witch, Llewellyn Worldwide, ISBN 0-7387-0752-X
Articles and essays in anthologies and longer works:
- Greenfield Ranch 25th Anniversary: 1972-1997, GRAET, 1997
- Gore, Ariel; Lavender, Bee, ed. (2001), Breeder: Real-Life Stories from the New Generation of Mothers, Seal Press, ISBN 1-58005-051-4
- Elwood, Taylor, ed. (2006), Magick on the Edge: Adventures in Experimental Magick. Immanion Press/Megalithica Books, ISBN 1-905713-05-3.
- Zell-Ravenheart, Oberon; Zell-Ravenheart, Morning Glory, ed. (2006), Circles and Ceremonies: Rituals for All Seasons And Reasons, New Page Books, ISBN 978-1-56414-864-3.
- Ditmore, Melissa Hope (2006), The Encyclopedia of Prostitution and Sex Work, Greenwood Press, ISBN 978-0-313-32968-5.
- Hock, Roger R. (2006), Human Sexuality, Prentice Hall, ISBN 978-0-13-198699-2
- Scarborough, Norman, Essentials of Small Business Management (6th Edition ed.), Pearson Prentice Hall
- Zell-Ravenheart, Oberon; Zell-Ravenheart, Morning Glory, ed. – FOREWORD by Lasara Firefox (2006), Creating Circles and Ceremonies, (New Page Books/Career Press)
- Zell-Ravenheart, Oberon, ed. (2008) Green Egg Omelette: An Anthology of Art and Articles from the Legendary Pagan Journal
Articles in magazines (among other publications):
- Green Egg Magazine, writer, columnist, editor
- New Witch Magazine, Columnist
- Male Contraceptive, Penthouse, 2002
- Outrageous Roots and a Bright Future, Gauntlet Magazine, 2009
- Egalitarian Relationships And the Anti-Feminist Backlash, Off Our Backs, 2006
In Her Own Words - More of the Story
Raised by parents on the back-to-the-land journey, I learned spirituality first from the seasons and the earth itself, from my family and my community of elders, and then from books and other resources. My parents entered the Pagan community when I was a child, and I grew up offering ritual in the names of the old Gods the world over. I was ordained into the Church of All Worlds after ten years of diligent study in my 29th year.
At 22 years of age, I was initiated as a member of the priesthood for a mystery school based on the Hellenic Rites of Eleusis, based in the myth of Demeter, Kore, Persephone, Hades, and Dionysos.
In the course of spiritual studies leading up to and since my ordination, I have been blessed to find teachers and guides from many cultures, and treasure greatly the opportunities I have had to again and again drop my attachments to religion, politics, and even my personal identity, in order to invest myself more deeply in the pursuit of my spiritual truth.
While still working in the world proudly as an ordained Pagan clergy member, I consider myself a true Mystic at heart, and have experienced the awareness that the teachings at the heart of all religions and spiritual methodologies offer opportunity for enlightenment, liberation, and the opportunity for merging with the divine One.
Over the years I have offered workshops and classes on diverse topics; relationships and intimacy, sexuality, Mysticism and spirituality, and many others. I’m married to the love of my life and partner in all things wonderful, arduous, glorious, and transformational, Robert Allen, and mother to two amazing daughters. These three are some of my greatest and truest teachers.
I am grateful to live in the wilds of northern California with my sweet little family, and to surround myself with a community of loving, like-minded souls.
Interested in booking me for an event, taking a class with me, or getting more information on my coaching services? Contact me.
Interviewed in (among other publications):
- The Wiccan/Pagan Times
- The Ukiah Daily Journal, Carole Brodsky, July 13, 2016
- The Fat Feminist Witch, July 8, 2016 (PODCAST)
- The New Settler Interviews, Volume I: Boogie at the Brink (2000), Chelsea Green Publishing Company (BOOK)
- Rites of Pleasure: Sexuality in Wicca and NeoPaganism, Jennifer Hunter, 2002, Citadel Press (BOOK)
- redbook magazine, What I Learned in Sex School, Anka Radakovich
- Men’s Fitness Magazine, Vacation Sex, http://www.mensfitness.com/women/sex-tips/vacation-sex, (March Issue, 2007)
- Men’s Health Magazine
- The Nation,
- The Chicago Sun-Times
TV Appearances (among others):
- Sex Life Live
- Life and Style, Polyamory and open relationships, 2005
- Playboy’s Sexcetera, Wicca and Witchcraft, 2005
Follow Me on Social Media!
Find me on Social Media!
Follow me on Twitter here!
Join me on Instagram. I love my Insta! It’s such a different way to interact.
Follow my Tumblr!
I am not the most active on Tumblr, but I do value the community. I would love to see you there. Follow my Tumblr here.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel here.
And my Vimeo account!
Download My Speakers Kit!
Are you interested in having me speak at your event or venue? Download my speakers kit here!
- View https://www.facebook.com/lasara.firefox.allen.mpnlp’s profile on Facebook
- View https://twitter.com/lasara_allen’s profile on Twitter
- View https://www.instagram.com/lasara_firefox_allen/’s profile on Instagram
- View https://www.pinterest.com/lasarafirefoxal/’s profile on Pinterest
- View https://www.youtube.com/user/lasaraallen’s profile on YouTube
- View https://vimeo.com/user44903222’s profile on Vimeo